Here are 10 Facts about The Fireball Run:
1. The FIREBALL RUN is not the Cannonball Run. Teams are not allowed to speed and it is not a cross country car race.
2. This is Season 8, America’s Frontier. There are 8 featured destinations in 8 days.
3. 40 driving teams solve clues and accomplish tasks based on each destination’s points of interest, history and culture. The team with the most points at the end of the 8 day, 2,000 mile event wins.
4. This is a county wide event; all 40 teams will end up at the day’s start/finish line, October 2 in Waynesville. You can meet the celebrities and teams, get autographs and take pictures of their vehicles.
5. Pulaski County is not only a destination but will have Team #10 Pulaski Pride entered in the event. State Representative District 122 Steven Lynch and Waynesville – St. Robert Chamber of Commerce Cecilia Murray will participate in the 8 day event.
6. Cars that will participate in FIREBALL RUN include, the Delorean Time Car from “Back To The Future,” the Rally Fighter “Scary Car” from “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” and representation from Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Jaguar and more. This will be a huge picture taking opportunity and a fun event for car enthusiasts. WWE legend Raven is the host.
7. Unlike Reality TV, this event is real and nothing is staged. The entire event will be streamed live to a world audience at FireballRun.com and filmed as part of a popular online TV series to be released in 2015.
8. The event is an economic development opportunity for Pulaski County. Destinations are selected based upon their uniqueness, history, vitality, vibrancy, economic opportunity and human interest.
9. The FIREBALL RUN is also tied into a massive effort to recover America’s missing children. Since its inception in 2007, FIREBALL RUN has aided in the recovery of 42 missing children. Team Pulaski Pride will be distributing flyers of a regional area missing child, Kylie Lawrence.
10. The Finish Line LIVE Event is October 2nd in Downtown Waynesville from 3 p.m.- 6 p.m. and LIVE Green Flag Start is October 3rd in Downtown Waynesville from 8:30-9:30 a.m.
NOTE: The Downtown Square area will be closed ALL DAY on October 2nd to thru traffic- businesses will be open; traffic will be re-routed. Historic Route 66 in the Square area will be closed October 2nd, 3-6 pm. On October 3rd, Historic Route 66 will be closed 8-10 am.
NOTE: Online voting for FIREBALL RUN Peoples Choice Award has began. Please visit http://www.fireballrun.com/teamprofile and vote for Team 10- Pulaski Pride. You can vote once, but can remind your friends to vote as often as you wish!