1. NSS Convention 2015 is centrally located in the Mississippi Valley-Ozark Region (MVOR). Whether you normally cave in ARA, MAR, NRO, NCA, SERA, SWR, TSA, VAR, Western Region, or the Rocky Mountain Region- #NSS2015 is within reach! Convention Central and Campground are both easily accessed via Interstate 44!
2. #MuddyCaveMonday! And Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday! With 200 caves offered during Convention, most oozing with Pulaski County mud, you will have plenty of photo ops to submit to National Speleological Society (@Nsscaves) for the Muddy Cave Monday feature!
3. Affordability! From the gas pump, to lodging, to a night on the town- your dollar will have more bang for the buck in Pulaski County! Stretch it even further by asking for your free discount card at the Pulaski County Tourism Bureau booth at Convention Central. This is your passport to savings in town.
4. Campfires are welcome at Campground. Bring S’more fixings!
5. Two of the best BBQ towns in the United States are in Missouri- St. Louis and Kansas City. Missouri’s BBQ isn’t confined to the big cities though. You will find lip smacking barbecue all across in the state- and at Campground and restaurants in Waynesville.
6. Concierge decontamination service will be offered at Campground. More time for you to relax and catch up with fellow cavers!
7. Fishing! You can fish several Red & White Ribbon trout areas of the Roubidoux River, even in the heart of Downtown Waynesville. Bennett Spring and Montauk trout parks are also an easy drive from Waynesville. The Gasconade & Big Piney Rivers are well known for smallmouth bass fishing.
8. You can explore Route 66, tour the 1903 Courthouse Museum by head lamp, visit an Old Stagecoach Stop, try your hand at ghost hunting, raft a lazy river, go antiquing, shop for the perfect Ozarks keepsake, honor the Cherokee at the Trail of Tears Memorial, drink a local craft beer, splash in a spring- all within 20 minutes of Convention Central! 9. Enjoy the show! Discover show caves & Civil War battlefields, take a Missouri State Penitentiary tour in Jefferson City, explore a state park, follow in Lewis & Clark’s footsteps, bike or hike the KATY trail, view St. Louis from the top of the Arch, wish upon a fountain in the City of Fountains, or head to the live music show capital of the world in Branson. There is a lot to see and do in The Show Me State for the whole family!
10. Caving! 200 caves will be offered during #NSS2015!
Register for 2015 NSS Convention today! Online registration available through June 13, 2015!!! Save $20 by registering today!